The Global Association of Master's in Development Practice Programs (MDP), in collaboration with the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), will hold the Seventh Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD) on 24-25 September, 2019, at Columbia University in New York City.
If you would like to present at the conference, you must submit an abstract as directed below. The conference is also open to observers (i.e. non-presenters). Simply register on the conference website to join us.
The conference theme is Good Practices: Models, Partnerships, & Capacity Building for the SDGs. The aim of the conference is to bring together persons involved in research, policy, practice, and business. Participants will share practical solutions for achieving the SDGs at local and national levels. Abstracts should be directly relevant to one of the following Topics:
- Economics and Demography of Natural Disasters
- Engaging Across the Generations: Children and the SDGs
- Good Practices at the Nexus of Water, Energy, and Agriculture
- Good Practices in Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation, and Resilience
- Good Practices in Sustainable Food Production
- Good Practices in the Energy Sector: Modeling and Simulation, Case-Studies, and Capacity Building
- Indigenous Approaches to Sustainable Development
- Pedagogy & Delivery Methods for Sustainability Education, Training, and Outreach
- Population, Sustainability, and Intergenerational Transfers
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG Partnerships and Whole-of-Society Engagement
- SDGs: Making Trade-offs and Synergies Transparent
- Stakeholder and Community Engagement for Sustainable Urban Change
- The Role of National and Transnational Knowledge Cooperation in the Implementation of the SDGs
- The Role of Transport in Achieving the SDGs
- Transforming the Higher Education System to Accelerate SDG Implementation
A more detailed description of each theme can be found here. Interested presenters should submit an abstract of at least 300 words but not exceeding 500 words, in English, by 1 May, 2019, via the conference website. Each abstract may only be submitted once and under one Topic. Failure to answer questions on the submission form or the submission of the same abstract under multiple topics is likely to result in the abstract being declined.
The scientific committee will review abstracts and send all decision letters by 31 May 2019. Abstracts can be accepted as either poster or oral (i.e. PowerPoint) presentations. Presenters invited to give oral presentations must submit a full paper by 1 August, 2019, in order to maintain their position in the program. Presenters failing to submit full papers will be moved to poster presentations. Presenters who do not register before the 1 September 2019 deadline may also forfeit their spot in the agenda.
5 March 2019 Call for Abstracts Open
1 May 2019 Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
1 June 2019 Abstract Decision Letters Emailed
1 August 2019 Full Papers Due (For Accepted Abstracts Only)
1 September 2019 Registration Deadline for Presenters